Friday, July 20, 2018

I Invite you to Explore the Land Down Under and the OutBack Brides with Me

I decided to take a vacation this summer to the land down under. I picked up the 4 set of books by these Tule Publishers' authors settled in a comfy spot on my bed and  disappeared for a while each day. My husband and daughter left me alone long enough to enjoy the wonders of a land far away and learn about places I wished I could explore in person. The books are written by 4 different authors but  their characters co-mingle between each other,  appearing in each other's books. I hope that this series doesn't stop with these 4 women and these books as there are so many more stories that need to be told and of course I need more vacation time to escape from Texas to Australia.

Maggie's Run (Outback Brides Book 1)Maggie's Run by Kelly Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First off let me say WOW the book cover is stunning! I was drawn to this book and in fact this 4 book series because i wanted to read about a place I would love to visit but knew i would never be able to go to. This book took me there and more. I was amazed at how vivid the descriptions were in the book and i felt like I was actually on the Wirra Station with Maggie and Max. I could see the change in Maggie and the relationship with her and Max. As I read this book it touched my heart as it was so close to how my life was with my mom (her great Aunt Carmel was cold like my mom). This book has it all friendships, romance and yes even a bit of mystery.
I loved the story and look forward to more in this series.

View all my reviews Belle's Secret (Outback Brides Book 2)Belle's Secret by Victoria Purman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas. Sometimes it ends up on the other side of the world in the Outback of Australia. Izzy or Isabella is the marriage celebrant (wedding minister) at the wedding venue, Wirra Station that was created by Maggie and Max. If you have read Maggie's Way you will have met her in that book. If not no worry you will quickly get to know her in this book and all her ins and outs. Izzy went to Vegas to a convention on wedding things and met a guy named Harry Harrison. One thing led to another and soon they were in front of Elvis and then in a bedroom. She wakes up panics and leaves soon for home. Thinks she can do what they saying says "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." BUT we know weddings are not like that right. Harry searches for Belle (which is the name she gives ) for a year and only once he gives up does the universe decide it will help him out. This is another well written book that takes us on a trip to Australia with words beyond belief. I love this series and can't wait to jump into the next book to explore more of this beautiful country with these lovely authors.

View all my reviews Elsa's Stand (Outback Brides Book 3)Elsa's Stand by Cathryn Hein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the third book in the Outback Brides series. If you have read the first two books you will know that Elsa is the hairdresser that Maggie and Izzy are friends with. If you have not read the other books, no biggie, as each book is easily read as a stand alone book. BUT might I highly suggest reading all the books. You will really enjoy this series of friends and enjoy the series so much more too. Now on to Elsa and her story. Elsa is the stronger of all the "Brides". She knows what she wants and she doesn't let anyone stand in her way. When the book opens we meet Jack Hargreaves and really get to know about the true Outback. Jack is an opal miner and he is back in town for his mother's funeral. She lived in town and was a sapphire miner herself. Oh yes one could say the need to hunt for stones runs deep with this family. He was left a voicemail on the day she passed away saying she finally found the sapphires and hide them again on the family farm. The one he inherited upon hr death. So does he stay and become a gentleman farmer or sell and go back to being an opal miner?
But see Jake is not the only person left behind, he has a brother Jesse and their father as well. Jesse and their father live in Melbourne and lets just say they are different as night and day to Jake and his mom. And because of the fact that his father is known as a gangland person many of the people in the town look down on Jake. He thinks he is not worthy of Elsa and this is the theme we see in the book. So far this is my favorite of the three i have read. It has shown me so of how strong Elsa is both in character and mental strength. Jake had me in tears so many times reading his story and the backstory. I loved how well written this book is. I can see the outback in all the dirt and dust. The caves and all the places that the miners hunker down at night. Then we move into town and we get to meet the townsfolk some are nice,some not so much. But all true to a small town all up in each others business. What a I really loved this book and I especially loved the ending.

View all my reviews Holly's Heart (Outback Brides Book 4)Holly's Heart by Fiona McArthur
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fourth and the most beautiful book in the Outback Brides series. When i mean beautiful it starts from the cover of the book and moves inside. The storyline is so moving. I had wondered about the old town busy body. She was the ex-mayor's wife and in this book we get the answers. Ha ha its Ben's grandma. And no i am not going to tell you, you have to read the book to find out why she is the way she is but Dr Ben Brierly has moved back to town to be the local GP and also be close to his grandma and help out on the Brierly Park (their farm).

Across the street is Holly Peterson and her twin nephews. Holly grew up in Wirralong and recently came back after the death of her sister to raise her sister's boys there and run her coffee shop. Holly is a doctor as well as Ben but is not practicing medicine. Those reasons you will have to read the book to find our why and see if things change on that front as well. Holly is a new friend of Elsa, Maggie and Izzy the other 3 brides in the Outback Brides series. This book has so many wonderful and touching moments in it and yes it does answer some of the questions I think many of us readers have wondered about Miranda Brierly.
I hope that we will see many more Outback Brides in the future and that this series doesn't stop at four.

View all my reviews
I came all the way to Australia to see how to really run a wedding venue the right way. Or maybe i really want to know how to look for opals and sapphires or camp out in the wide open spaces. Honestly, I went all the way to the bush country for some of the best written books I have read in a few long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment