First off what grabbed me was this beautiful cover on this book. I have to say that Tule Publishing Group has some of the best covers out there.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Oh I picked up this book and could not stop until the end. Maybe my Scottish roots were calling to the Scotsman inside. I am not sure... but I can tell you one thing there is just something about a hunk in a kilt ya know.
In this book we get to know the Valentine family up close and personal right well. Kat comes home from walking about all over Europe and abroad because of her sick Grandpa. Where is HOME you ask? Its a little bit outside of Marietta, Montana in Mountain View. She is taking care of the family the and ranch (dude ranch) and up comes her ...surprise HUSBAND. Oh yes she forgot to mention to her family that she up and got married while she was walking and working her way across the continent. And oh what a fine Husband Jamie McKendrick is. Not only in looks but in character. This book is well written and for me it shows so much about family and heart. This book lays the foundation for upcoming books about this family, which I will happily grab and read the moment they hit my kindle. There where so many little things in this book that had me reaching into my childhood for memories from my grandma for her Scottish recipes to sayings. I recommend this read. It's not to long and prefect for relaxing this holiday weekend in the States.
View all my reviews
Grain Free Morning Glory Muffins... Good for All Day Long.
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda or if corn sensitive sub cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain coconut milk yogurt (or ¼ cup coconut milk, plus ½ tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (see note on how to make corn free)
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup grated apple
- 1 chopped apple (if you do not use the shredded coconut add this)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (or can leave out)
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg