Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Beauty and the BeefCake by Pippa Grant one of my Favorite ROMCOM Authors

Beauty and the Beefcake: A Hockey/Roommate/Opposites Attract Romantic ComedyBeauty and the Beefcake: A Hockey/Roommate/Opposites Attract Romantic Comedy by Pippa Grant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I found my book boyfriend, no girlfriend, no pet...no this is my favorite book of all times. This is a book that I will read and re-read. I think this book and the book before in this series Royally Pucked are two books that have stolen a place in my heart forever. Ares, Felicity and Loki (yes a monkey) are now my la familia. Author Pippa Grant has found a way to take a huge gentle giant of a hockey player, who rarely speaks out loud; but speaks thru his actions on and off the ice. She molds him into a person that I and almost everyone I have spoken to has fallen in love with. Felicity, oh my stars is a quite a character or two or three. You will understand when you read this book. I have to think she if this were a paranormal book she would be Ares life mate. As a person she had me rollin on the floor in tears. Our author is amazing in her descriptions to the point at times I felt like I was right there in the room with them. I could see her and her friends at the comedy club. Yep that real indeed. Then we have Loki the monkey. He is not Ares's pet but his friend who but he has adopted Ares. Loki has a life all his own and he knows how to communicate with all around him including those who have passed beyond...Grammy. This book has it all... from dickcookies to talking on a cell phone in gifs, a ghost that knows how to knit from the beyond and a monkey who opens doors that really should be left closed. If you have not had the privilege of meeting this author through her books. I invite you to pick one up... now I would highly suggest starting at Mr McHottie the book that started it all and move on from there. And if you have kindle unlimited yep she has them in the KU library... It won't hurt to read them out of order but if you decide to read just a few then read Ares's twin too. Zeus has his own book which came out first. Can't have one without the other. So if The Pilot & The Puck Up (Zeus's book) and Beauty and the Beefcake (Areas ) and don't worry I heard thru the Pipsquad there are more books coming soon for us to read too. For a RomCom this book is one of the best out there. For the record in MY BOOK this BOOK is one of theod. best books Period.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment