Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Been A Wild 6 Weeks .Catching up with Ducky

Hi all sorry it has been so long since I have written in here. Let me catch you up on me and mine and then I will give you a little review or two today. So a funny thing happened to Ducky (me) on the way for a walk back on Feb 2... I walked into a stairwell and knocked myself out. Yep, flat out on my ass. Sorry but that is exactly what I did straight down apparently in a sitting position, then flat back...bracing myself with my right arm. A wonderful neighbor lady found me about 5 minutes later I am told, out flat, passed out. She woke me up, found one of our other neighbors...a gentleman who walks dogs, who after warning me he was "Going to get freaky"  helped me up and half carried me inside my apartment. He called my husband who came home and we had to wait for Keelee to get there for Zoe (my granddaughter who was coming home on the bus) and my daughter sent us to the ER. Now folks, I was shaking and in so much pain. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis and this pain is so much more. They x-rayed and MRI me. They gave me morphine but it did not touch the pain. OH my word. They said I sprained my right arm and light concussion. I couldn't breathe but no one would figure out why not. It was not until Monday of the next week that my regular doctor had more testing done that she discovered that i had fractured my spine and right ribs at the same time that I fell. A short time later I developed pneumonia.Boy this has been fun...NOT. I have been reading if I have not been trying to sleep through the pain. My ribs and wrist are feeling better so now I am able to get on the computer and start to write more. YEA! I have missed you all.
I have read lots of different genres whole I have been healing here are two of the different new releases that I thought you might enjoy. You know me I am love to read all kinds and styles. All authors appeal to me. If they are good writers, I will read them.



Second Chance on St. Patrick's Day: A Billionaire RomanceSecond Chance on St. Patrick's Day: A Billionaire Romance by Mia Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of those books that grabbed me because of the covers (yes I gladly admit covers do have a whole lot to do with what I read) and it hooked me because of the content inside the book. And let me sa there are more than one book inside this book. 2 of the books are brand new and that is a killer deal. The first book which goes with the cover, is one extremely fun and hot story that starts on New Years Eve with of course fake names and what they assume would be one night stands. BUT we all know what happens with assuming things right. well this book is well written from page one to the end in each of the books and stories. I loved having several new books from Mia Ford to read and a couple past books to re-read as well. It's always nice to visit old friends. Let me say with St Paddy's Day on the horizon a good hawt Irish read is always welcomed!



View all my reviews
CJ Carmichael wrote one of my favorite Christmas books A Bramble House Christmas (Carrigans of Circle C Book 6) based in  my favorite adopted hometown of Marietta, Montana. The book was made into a Hallmark movie last year..my opinion the movie was good but did not do it proud. Cause the book IS my FAVORITE Christmas book. So when I was offered a chance to read a true mystery by  C. J, Carmichael why i did not want to shacks of a sheep's tail to say YES! YES! Downloaded it to my kindle and snuggled in to read. WoW was I happy I did. Now you need to read my review to see why and of course I did it backwards to I have to read book 1 now.
 Bitter Truth (Bitter Root #2)
Bitter Truth by C.J. Carmichael
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's been many a year since I have read a true mystery and this is a true mystery written by an author that I have read her romance books. WOW she blew my mind away with this book. I did not know what to think when I started reading this and yes this is the second book in a series (you bet your bootie I have already picked up book 1 Bitter Roots...little bit backwards) but once I got into it I simply could not stop reading. I have no idea what Montana does to me but it seems to draw me in and grab me. This town is Lost Trails and it does have some people that have some backwoods thinking. Kind of like some i know from home in Tennessee. This is a well written story that had me in in from the start. I could see with my minds out the lay of the land, the ranch, the sheriff and dispatcher Zak.I am headed to read the first book in this series before the third book comes out. Because it will be time for a complete re-read of the first 2...of course. So if you like a good, well written mystery with a touch of heat this is the book for you.

View all my reviews
I look forward to seeing more often and soon you will be able to catch me on Facebook as well. Yes, I plan to Flip Over into Facebook too where we will we offer a few fun offerings that might connect to some of the  books that we will be giving away from time to time. Follow us so you know when and were you will find us Flipping on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment