Saturday, January 9, 2016

Please Read this note on Decadent Divas's Blog from Author Jennifer Kacey


As a reader I am appalled when I hear about authors not being paid by the publishing houses. I heard about this happening a couple years ago and then nothing else. (A different publishing house.) If this was simply one or two authors I was hearing this from, I might think oh their books are not selling much and they are upset. BUT that is not the case. This is happening to many authors over and over again over more than the past year and half and  I have read many authors post on social media about no being paid or receiving their royalty checks MANY months behind and them being very short and no accountability what so ever.

Last year alone I read over 500 books. That means the authors that wrote those books spent many hours working hard to come up with the ideas, writing, editing and then they had to pay to have them published. For many authors those books sold and they never received a penny for them YET I paid for them. The publisher received their share and the author's share and kept it all. Is that fair or legal? NO! Not in my book!

 You might not read the same kinds of books that I like to read as a whole, but I invite you to read  this article by Author Jennifer Kacey that she posted on Decadent Diva.
Do Me A Favor Don't Buy My EC Books

Thanks
Shweet Sandi


No comments:

Post a Comment