Sunday, January 7, 2018

Starting The New Year Our Right By Reading ~

I hit the ground running or rather I laid in the bed reading as the ball dropped to signal it was midnight in New York City. Of course that meant I still had an entire ~nother  hour to read my kindle while Marty played  dolls with Zoe and danced to the music they listened to on the tv. I guess one could say I zone out while reading but in all honestly being late life deaf does have it advantages when all I want to do is get lost in my book and believe me on New Years Eve I was not in Grapevine, TX .... My mind and soul was in Marietta, Montana. It was celebrating at the Graff and pretending I was drinking some of Sage's hot chocolate while taking a stroll down Main Street. Of course we did have the freezing cold temperatures here so at least it felt like I was inside the book I just completed right not to long after midnight. A Mistletoe Kiss by Jennifer Faye is my first read of 2018. Yes, I started it in 2017 but completed in the new year.  My review is below...

A Mistletoe KissA Mistletoe Kiss by Jennifer Faye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Marietta, Montana is a wonderful place to spend New Years Eve. Even if it is only a fictional town and through a book. Getting lost in this book, when it is cold outside (which is fun since it matches the snowy cold weather in Marietta) made for a delightful time as I escaped once again to one of my favorite fictional places in the states. Ms Faye once again captured my attention with her attention to details and as the characters came to life on the pages of my kindle.

I have to say it it was so funny how it brought back memories of my small college town to me with many of the issues in the book. Suzanna bless her heart, was left at the altar by ~no neck then dumped by her boyfriend. "Doomed to be an old maid at 30." Sounds very familiar to me. Then we have the hunka hunka burning love who moves in next door Jake Hamilton. Retired from the Army and working with an old high school friend of her's... Now again small town, single women you can just imagine what happens to this poor good looking man as he walks thru the Piggly Wiggly. ( oh they do not call it that there). YEP Oh and yes they do have their own version of phone tree. You know what that is right. ALL towns and meddling places have it. One person tells you something and it goes to the next and so on and so forth... You know like the game we played when we were kids. "telephone".
This book is really good. It had me laughing at times and other times I was going yep, yes did this author look at my diary or something. Once again another fun read from Marietta and yes you can read this any time of the year!

View all my reviews

 Then I decided to shake things up a bit and head into outer space with C.J. Scarlett's Christmas Bride. I am not normally one to go the "space thing" unless it is Star Wars and now that Carrie Fisher has passed one I might not ever see another Star Wars movie either... But this book I really enjoyed it. Review will follow... That was New Year's Day (Hey No good Football Games on during the day then OU just messed it up for me.)
christmas bridechristmas bride by cj scarlett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am not normally a fan of scifi but but I went into this book with open eyes and arms one could say and I really was surprised at house much I liked this book. IN fact dare I say ...yes I will say I plan to back up and read more of the books. I have read one of the books in the past but I think I need to read more of these. It was a good read that kept me tied to my kindle from the first page to the end. The imagery was well written and I wanted to sit at my sewing machine and sew creatures to fit in this amazing world. Yes. I def will be reading more of CJ Scarlett's works if only for the inspiration.

View all my reviews

Waxing Moon by Sarah L Steven was a really good paranormal shapeshifter romance yes action packed book. It is different than most and that is one of the reasons I decided to tell you all about it.

Waxing Moon (Calling the Moon, #2)Waxing Moon by Sarah E. Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Definitely Recommend Read.... unique take on paranormal activity....

This is the second book in this series. I hope there is another book to tell us more about Julie, and Carson's life after this. I really enjoyed reading a different slant on the paranormal community. Adding salamanders to the mix made for quite an interesting read. As I was reading this book , I kept wanting to take different characters off into certain relationships myself... wonder if the author will take them there herself. Hope so. Well written and detailed. With a unique slant on paranormal. Definitely recommend this one.

View all my reviews

So as the first week of this new year winds down I have  read at least one book a day. Some more than a book. Working on that White House book right now...boy that is SLOW going on that one. But working my way thru it.  I will review that red/white/blue and oh so orange thing at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment